Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Well even better news today. My White Blood Cell count has gone down to 117,00. Guess the medicine is working! On a lighter note, I want this to be entertaining and educational. So you have had enough about me weeping and all that crap. Now two little stories that are funny now...

1. I went to my friend Jamie's house for the AFC Championship game in mid January. I wore one of those Steelers "Skull Cap" that look like a swim cap. When I walked in, he just started laughing and said "You look like a d*mn cancer patient undergoing chemo!" Little did we know then.

2. I have a "complaining" buddy. No names. I will just call him BZ. We complain to each other all the time about various ills in our lives (politics, money, illness, etc...). Most of the winter, I was complaining about being tired. In order to stress to him how tired I was, I liked to quote Old Man River. You know the verse...

I gets weary, and sick of tryin'
I'm tired of livin', and scared of dyin'

Lets just say I have retired that saying for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment